Today we are talking Body Language. What signals are you giving off that you don’t know about? How can this affect your business? Your networking? even your casual conversation and ability to make friends.
Jeff Baird from likeabilities.com. Jeff is passionate about the science around influence. He says that it seems that most people with the most influence also seem to be the most likable.
So Jeff is going to share some tips with us to help us become more likeable and more influential by adjusting parts of our body language. These tips could be used in business, in networking and in life.
So have a listen to Jeff’s insights of nonverbal communication!
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Connect with Jeff on LinkedIn!
Checkout Jeff’s website and see how he can help!
New sponsor for the show, go check out Hepius CBD!
Get My Free Mini-Course and identify your ideal side hustle
Get a autographed copy of Monetize Your Mindset!
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Jeff shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- Facts tell stories sell, most people buy on emotion and justify it later.
- People make snap decisions about you, your performace, your product etc. in just a few seconds based on your body language.
- Body language affects your influence, likeability and rapport.
- There are many interesting studies that are out there and Jeff shared several of them.
- Jeff reveals the two trates that people are looking for when the see someone either in a picture or in person.
- Basic knowlege can be quite helpful when networking.
- The Like Switch ~ Dr. Jack Schafer
- Are brains can tell the difference between a real smile and fake smile.
- Smile high so it can be seen in your eyes.
- Always thinks palms up and open when you are asking people to do something.
- There several data points that can point out if someone is lying, but you need to know what you are doing.
- In a 30 minute conversation there is about 800 nonverbal cues going back in forth.
- Connect with Jeff on all social channels under LikeAbilities or Jeff Baird or email [email protected]