MYM #8 David Hunter – The Epitome of a Side Hustlepreneur!
So excited for this episode. Today we talk with David Hunter. David started as a framer working for the man and then he decided that he could be the man and started his own development company. His story is the epitome of Side Hustlepreneurship. Now besides being a developer, he owns a movie production company and is working on projects with Will Smith, Jack Black and Will Ferrell just to name a few. His story is amazing and he shares lots of value for the would be Entrepreneur. Have a listen!
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
David shared so many great gold nuggets for life as well as business. This guys bank account is in a very different category than mine but his insights are something that anybody can follow.
- Hard work won’t kill you hard is just hard. Learn/teach hard work at a young age!
- Take the initiative, don’t be afraid to ask. If you don’t know who to ask go up the food chain until you find who you need to talk to. Then ASK.
- Being an entrepreneur takes a special person, it also takes a special significant other. Choose wisely! He credits his wife and family for so much!
- Persistence is key! You need to be persistent and grind it out. It is not going to be easy.
- Pinch pennies while you are getting things established. And then still pinch pennies when necessary!
- Money isn’t everything but money gives you options. Options to do good or bad.
- Who you hangout with is very important. They can help you think bigger than you even thought you could or the opposite, drag you down.
- Follow you gut feeling, your instincts. Your initial gut feeling is probably right.
- Your spouse is so import, they have to understand the hour, the stress, the fact that there will be feast and famine.
- Action even when things get hard. There is no such thing as get rich quick to get rich you have to grind.